Last weekend at the farmers market I felt like a kid in a candy store with all the amazing fall produce out! I am extra excited when I find delicata squash, my favourite fall squash that only comes out at this time of year. I already wrote about how I use it in my favourite Moroccan Fall Stew, but here is a quick and delicious way to eat them. I made these fries for a big brunch over the weekend and they were definitely a hit. Delicata squash have very thin skin so you don't need to peel them. They are also a bit sweet like other squash so they pair nicely with a little spice or curry. Enjoy!
- 2 delicata squash
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Half the squash lengthwise and scrap out seeds with a spoon. Slice squash into 1/2 inch half moons. Toss squash with olive oil and salt and spread out on baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side until slightly golden.
- Meanwhile while baking, mix mayo with curry powder lemon and pinch of sea salt.
- Serve squash with the side of curry mayo for dipping. Delicious!
In health & happiness,
(Photo credit: https://simplylivinghealthy.org/2012/10/08/crispy-delicata-squash-fries/